The Telestream Surveyor family offers solutions that will meet your QoS monitoring needs, whether you are dealing with Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) streaming or traditional linear broadcast video delivery, or both at the same time. Surveyor solutions can be targeted at the core, edge, or access region of both managed and unmanaged networks. In ABR streaming networks, they are well-suited for helping to establish and track Content Delivery Network (CDN) Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Unfortunately this product is not in stock, please contact us to discuss the options.
High Density, Real-Time QoS Monitoring for IP MPEG Transport Streams
If you need to monitor the quality of 1G links or 10G links carrying hundreds or thousands of video transport streams, the Surveyor TS (Transport Stream) is your solution. Surveyor TS helps you understand your network’s performance in terms of Quality of Service (QoS) metrics, and quickly detects, identifies, and resolves problems that could impact a significant number of viewers.
In addition to supporting the CableLabs Distributed CCAP (Converged Cable Access Platform) Remote-PHY links, the Surveyor TS supports unicast, multicast, and broadcast streams for video encoded in MPEG2, MPEG4, AVC and HEVC. It offers the iQ-developed, industry-recognized Media Delivery Index (MDI) metric (RFC 4445) to identify packet jitter and delay tolerance boundaries.
Surveyor TS continuously monitors up to 20 Gbps of video traffic at line rate and in real time, measuring, trending and alarming on the TR 101 290 (priority 1,2, and 3) and QoS metrics for up to 2000 programs. Surveyor TS provides per-program availability metrics. It’s designed to locate transport impairments as they happen and produce actionable insights that allow you to address issues before they impact the customer viewing experience.
Surveyor TS can be used standalone, integrated into a service provider owned network management system using the control and data extract API, or as part of a multi-element video quality assurance platform using iQ Video Management such as iVMS. Surveyor TS is available in both appliance-based and virtualized software formats.
- Proactive visibility into the performance of MPEG transport streams at any point within the IP video delivery network.
- Availability measured in the network for each program to identify issues before customer impact.
- A tool for operations to solve problems in the IP delivery network reducing mean time to resolve.
- Ensuring Ad Insertion SCTE-35 signaling delivered to Ad splicers
- 24/7 or scan monitoring of transport streams with program-based multi-level drilldown into per PID statistics for rapid fault isolation and reduction of mean time to diagnose (MTTD)
- Real-time, line rate monitoring and measurement of up 20 Gbps of video traffic and up to 2,000 programs with up to 128K PIDs
- Provides per-program Availability metrics
- RFC 4445 Media Delivery Index (MDI) metrics for IP distribution monitoring
- QoS monitoring for MPEG Transport Streams supporting the following CODECs and others:
- Per program Audio, Video, and Control PID Alarming
- Open API for user access to the Surveyor TS metrics and information
- Detection of SCTE-35 program insertion signals for validation
- Support for new Remote PHY Distributed Access Architecture
- PSI/SI/PSIP table decode and display
- Continuous analysis of TR 101 290 priorities 1, 2 and 3 on all monitored IP transport streams
- Unicast, multicast, and broadcast support for comprehensive stream handling
- Triggered capture of impaired video for post analysis
- 1Q VLAN tagging support, selection, and detection
- Configurable alarm handling including severity level definitions
- SD, HD, and UHD support to handle all your video
- Browser-based User Interface with multi-user access
- IGMPv2 and IGMPv3 SSM support
- RMON Statistics
- IPv6 capable